Saturday, August 04, 2007

Saturday

Today I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4am. Why? To go to a 5am Kundalini Yoga Class. I won't be doing that again. Quite frankly, Kundalini is not my cup of tea. It involved a lot of being on my knees and sitting in hero pose, which just KILLS me. I would rather be in a bind or do messed up headstands resulting in face plants than be on my knees in hero pose. Just OW.
 
I wanted to go because there was meditation involved, but I just couldn't get into it because of the pain I was experiencing in my knees. And then the particular chants they were using kind of bored the hell out of me. I'm all for chanting the occasional "Om", but whatever they were doing...bleh.
 
I'll stick to my regular yoga, thanks. I went to a normal class immediately following, but didn't do so well because of my knees and I was dehydrated. I thought I was going to pass out. What a shitty morning. Up at 4, yoga from 5-9:30 am.
 
Went to breakfast with my mom afterwards. Then I dragged her to the tattoo shop. She likes fat baby cherubs *rolls eyes*.
 
After breakfast, I crawled back into my bed (eyes burning) and crashed for a couple hours* and got up around the third inning of the Cubs game. Thank you Maine (pitcher-Mets), we appreciate you walking in all our runs! It's nice to see some OTHER team have a pitcher totally fuck the hell up.
 
* Further proof that Kundalini is bizarre for me: I had some f'ed up dreams during my nap. It involved partner yoga and somehow I was paired up with Brian Urlacher. Ooookay. As if that wasn't strange enough, it then turned into...well, take a wild guess. It was a little too technicolor and I woke up looking around to make sure there wasn't some random man in my bed. Hello, overactive and undersexed imagination. Surreal dream-sexlife aside, if I were to ever find myself in a yoga class with Mr. Urlacher that went points south, I think I would have to refuse. Yeah, he's hot in that <cue Cartman-voice> BEEFCAAAAKE! sort of way, but the guy has some really exceptionally poor taste in who he's slept with (see 1)mother of child and nasty legal case ongoing and 2) PARIS HILTON). I would refuse on principal because of 2 alone. I may not have seen the working end of a penis in living color for a long time, but I've got my standards.
 
Shit, man, I need to go to sleep. I've been at a cafe for the past four hours testing my work-laptop, doing work, and now this. I've got a baby christening to half-way go to tomorrow. My cousin called to make sure I was going and I said yes. It was funny. She was like "you don't have to go to the church - we'll be home by 2!" Yes, indeed, I appreciate that the extended family knows better than to expect me to show up in a Catholic church anymore!

0 comments: