Friday, August 03, 2007

Most fucked up movie

I think I have just seen THE most FUCKED UP movie.
Ever. Period.

Holy shit.

Perfume (The Story of a Murderer)

It's got Dustin Hoffman and Alan Rickman in it. I
can't even begin to tell you. Trust me, you will just
have to watch it.

Just plain fucked up six ways to Sunday. Visceral,
erotic (even), but disturbing. About the only thing I
could think being more fucked up is the book Germinal
by Emile Zola. Anyone read that book? Remember how the
guy gets his penis yanked off by the angry mob?
Totally visceral. Totally "life is nasty, brutal, and
short." That's about the best equivalent I can get to
this movie.

FUCKED UP!

And very glad that I wasn't around in the streets of
pre-Revolutionary France....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this movie on my Netflix list, mainly because of Alan Rickman. Your reveiw gives me pause for thought but I'll leave it there, and watch it when it arrives.

*DB* said...

Just don't watch it with any minor children, is all I'm saying, because everyone will wind up much embarrassed.

It's good, I just definitely was not expecting certain things. I guess it was originally a book (which I've never read). Images from that movie were haunting my brain for a good night or two and would make me go "eewwww". Especially Laure.

Tickersoid said...

I took 'Hot Slovakian lady' to see this film. She'd seen a trailer and thought it intriguing. I enjoyed most of it but it started to loose me in the execution scene in the square. Too much of a 'Grims fairy tale'. Were it not for the eroticism, I probably would have nodded off.