Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thoughts and such

It's been a bad couple of weeks to be a female. Two of my good friends have had the misfortune to be treated ridiculously shitty by men. Ridiculously - as in you'd swear this shit only happens on Jerry Springer. We're talking secret pregnant wives and bullshit like that. For real. When I'm sitting speechless on my bed, jaw dropped and totally unable to make a reply to what someone is telling me? That's bad. One of the girls - dude, she hardly EVER swears, she's so prim and proper (compared to me). She was swearing like a sailor. Not that I blame her. If I ever see her ex, I'm going to say "Hello, [name]," throw a right hook, and then say "Goodbye, [name]."

And he'd be getting off light. He should get his dick chopped off, if you ask me.

While working on my paper at Starbucks today, I had a sudden thought: Beauty, like money, does not guarantee happiness. However, it does mean you can get fucked every night if you wanted to and buy a lot of shit.

So, if my love life and financial situations are already unhappy, could I just get a decent shag and win the lotto please?

In other, less whiny news: I am ridiculously excited about reading the new JLA this week (Wednesday). Yippee!

I have no willpower. I caved and downloaded Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous" from iTunes. I don't particularly love the lyrics (please, I could do less with the glorifying the woman as slut junk, especially with how crappy we get treated lately!), but the backbeat on it just grabs me.

0 comments: