Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Saw a Robin with a Worm This Morning

He looked pleased with himself.

The world has that scrubbed fresh feeling after last night's massive storms. I had to bury my head under my pillows because the lightning and thunder kept going. Downed trees and power lines, anyone?

I am also in a weirdly buoyant mood this morning. Less of the "can I please kill the whole of 'humanity' right now" and more of the "well, maybe I'll just torture you a little bit and let you go".

I had a hazelnut breve latte and an egg & bacon sandwich (with all the cheese trying to escape to one side).

I checked my email and laughed hysterically. I'll be sure to bring the bullhorn when next you're in town

And then a woman at work regales me with how her period suddenly came back after two days and she's wearing white pants....oooookay.(I said to her: "So, it's more of an ellipses than a period, huh?" She didn't get it. Of course, I am probably the only English geek to have ever made a comment like that.) A little TMI considering we're not in our own girls' club or anything, but...sorry?

Looks like I've got a site to check out, but I think I might want to wait until I'm on the home computer.

0 comments: