Friday, January 04, 2008

Really Stupid

I just talked to my supervisor at work about having an interview for that school district, and the possibility of working here part-time in the event I get offered anything. She said she would bring it up to her boss (our department head), but she was fairly certain the answer would be that I would have to make a choice. In other words: quit here or not take the teaching job.
 
You know, I would love to be able to quit here, but I can't afford it if all the teaching thing is right now is long-term sub for this semester only.
 
Her reasoning was that we're going to get really busy here (supposedly) and we'll need everyone here flipping over documents quick as can be.
 
-- We're dead here, nothing is going on yet
-- You're going to let ME go - someone with experience - and waste time and resources looking for a replacement who will not have any experience and need to be trained, therefore taking up the time of my co-workers to train them?
 
Maybe I'm a little biased in wanting to have a half of two different cakes here, but that just strikes me as foolish. You're going to be wasting MORE time by giving me this ultimatum rather than taking advantage of my physically being here 8-12 or whatever.
 
Of course, this could all be a moot point if I don't get offered the job anyway.
 
But still.
 

0 comments: