Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I must be fucking out of my mind

But I am seriously considering giving the corporate job the heave ho if they don't let me do the part-time thing so I can teach fourth quarter.

JESUS.

Seriously, though, that teaching gig is MINE FOR THE ASKING. They are just waiting for me to come back about what my office job is going to say. Goddamnit. I have a meeting with my supervisor at work tomorrow morning. I bet I'll find out one way or the other then.

I've already been sending out feelers elsewhere. I called the place I used to do temp work with and re-opened my file and emailed them a more current resume. One of my current co-workers is going to ask her mom (a head of HR/recruitment for Marriott's north shore properties) if she can be on the lookout for something for me. I have an application for Starbucks - don't knock it. I'm counting on them to live up to their 100 best places to work for schmaltz what with the benefits even for part-timers.

I've done some more thinking. I can push back everything, up to and including, my wish to find an apartment by August. Let's face it, I'm probably not going to know WHERE the fuck I'm going to have a full-time teaching job until late. I'm not going to stress myself out and try to do a move AND start my first full year of teaching at the exact same fucking time. *sigh* While it pains me mentally, I can shove this back.

The only real sticking point is the possible loss of health care coverage if I do have to leave my company. I'll just have to fucking deal with it. I need the goddamn experience on my resume. To have this school on my resume will carry some considerable cache - - it's fucking stupid not to realize that.

I will make this work if I need to and want to bad enough. Why? Because that's the way I am. I didn't get that "strength" tattoo on my thigh for nothing folks...I'm chock full o' will power.

I'm setting up all my yearly check-ups as well, to get those done before my health care coverage goes in case I do jump ship.

If I really am up shit creek, I will ask my dad for the bail out money for my SRP Loan at work. I'm going to call up the investment company and ask about the process for what happens to my money once I do leave the company. Is it a cheque? Does it roll over to some other thing (I have a Roth IRA I could roll it to)? I'm fairly certain it can't stay where it is once I'm no longer employed at the company, but I could be wrong. Fucking plan did squat in the last quarter. It was painful to see the stock market.

Oh and FUCK. I do still need to get my resume out to Kilroy! *adds another thing to to-do list*

0 comments: