Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday

The weather today is unbelieveably gorgeous. One of
those spring days that are so welcome after what
seemed like a late-coming/long-staying hellacious
winter.

It's got to be mid-70s today. Almost HOT, even. (Of
course, we've also got a severe weather alert...damn.)
I walked out this morning in jeans and a t-shirt, but
went right back in to put light slacks on instead.

Ran a few errands, then went to the Wright Woods
forest preserve. Absolute heaven. The parking lot was
full - lots of people were out enjoying the fine
weather.

I had one of my folding chairs stashed in the trunk -
excellent. I took it out and sat myself under an oak
tree to read one of my school books. I got a fair
amount of sun, I'd say.

Home now for a little bit, before going to yoga. I got
my hands all muddy; I planted some lavender seeds I
bought at Whole Foods. I'm hoping they grow big and
tall and muy fragrant.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to ride my bike.
It is getting cloudy out, and with that severe weather
alert the last thing I want is to get stuck riding
home when it's Noah's fucking flood out.


Have to post pictures of the forest preserve. Springs
days like today make me think of Haiku. I came up with
one driving home. All you could hear from the ditches
were frogs.

Spring rains flood rivers
Green grass and blossoming buds
Frogs croak symphonies

0 comments: