Thursday, March 15, 2007

Buffy Comics

All hail the return....

HAIL!

It was an enjoyable read. I managed to snag the very last variant cover at the shop - - about two minutes before someone came in desperately wanting it. Ooops. Speaking of variantage, I was reading up the word on Darkhorse
and Comics Continuum. Okay, WTF is with making Willow look like a frumpy fraulein in the variant of #4?And then we have a realistic looking giganto Dawn in the regular cover...

BtVS8-4She's long since been bad ass - make her look so. They obviously did for the smokin desktop!

I think I'll have to ask the shop to reserve me one reg AND one variant cover for each issue. Oh lord, my Buffy obsession is experiencing a revival. People, you do NOT know how much money I used to spend on Buffy crap. It was obscene.


Issues 6-9 are supposed to be Faith. I just hope they actually get someone who can properly draw her. It's being written by Brian K Vaughn (Y: Last Man). SCHWEET.willowdesk
BtVS8-1a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it!!! I kind of wish you hadn't mentioned this; I've been avoiding the comic book shop as a way to save money, but. . .oh, so tempting!
-C

m said...

I think it'll still be Georges Jeanty on the next arc (or possibly all of them).

I've got no problem with his renderings in the first issue. Some people are a little harder to capture than others. His Amy seemed a little...plain, but not bad.

Dushku can be difficult to capture, as every figure of her can attest.

However Matt Clark used her likeness unofficially in the four-issue Felon mini-series a few years back. I though he got her right (before she chopped her hair int he story), so it can be done.