Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday

I almost didn't go to yoga today, which would have been a shame, because it went very well. It is, for once, nice outside and somewhat the temperature it should be for this time of year! Hoo-ray!

I got up a little before 10am and hurried to get ready for yoga. I checked how warm it was outside, and decided to ride my bike to the studio. Fantastic. I was already in a good mood just from being able to ride my bike.

I went to the 2/3 level class at 11am. Yowsa, I didn't know it was 2 hours long! So now I am having to rush to get ready to go see some homoerotic Greek mayhem (aka "300") with a couple friends.

Did I mention that I feel really good, though?!

I tried to do a headstand midway through yoga. Not up against the wall for support, but out on the floor on my mat. Aaaand.....whooops! I managed to get up without kicking, but then I lost my balance and somersaulted! I wanted to bust up laughing. I wasn't even scared, which surprised me. It happened too quick. I think the coolest part was that I fucking managed to land on my feet. That almost made it worth somersaulting. The woman in front of me was in downward dog and so she could see me when I fell forward. She kind of raised her eyes in the "are you okay" kind of look and I just grinned and started laughing a little bit.

Getting closer to actually being able to do crow pose correctly. I totally had my legs wrong. Knees need to be by pits.

0 comments: