Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesday...Death March

I blame my friend Anne for introducing this term into
our collective lexicon.

Death March (Noun): day of the week in which one
works, or otherwise spends a useful day doing things,
then proceeds to take 6 hours of class in the evening.
Often results in feeling like "the living dead". Has
carry over effect into the next day, if not all days
leading into the weekend wherein one can reasonably
expect to catch up on sleep.

Oy. So, work in the new gig was fairly boring today.
That's primarily because it's the first day and lord
knows the only thing you do at a Fortune 500 on the
first day is fill out paperwork, read SOPs and other
training until you're blue in the face. Give me a
week, maybe then I'll have an opinion. I'm hopeful
that once I get into the work that all will go well.

Am at school now and all I have to say is: JANE
FUCKING AUSTEN, BITCHES! *a-hem* I can't wait. I
really hope it's good. It was between this or the
Shakespeare course. But really, how could you go wrong
with either?

0 comments: