Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Education Meme

The Cubs are really friggin pissing me off right about now. Stupid friggin Pirates.

Anyway, on to Gonzo's Education Meme!

-----(-)-> What was the name of the teacher that was most influential in your life from grades K through 6?
My answer: Well, two of my favorite teachers that I remember are Mrs. Dunbar (K) - I used to call her Mrs. DUMbar, because I didn't know better. She always used to play the piano for us; she taught us all how to sing Frere Jacques (Brother John, Are you Sleeping? in French). I still remember it. Mrs. Hopkins would be another one; I had her twice, I think for second and for fifth grade. She was such a nice woman and I think she introduced us to a lot of good books, including C.S. Lewis' Narnia books.

-----(-)-> What subject did you favor in high school?
My answer: English, all the way. Come on, I want to BE an English teacher!

-----(-)-> Did you attend a university and if so did you attain a degree?
My answer: Yes (squared). I have a double major in English and Western European Civilization (akin to History) for my B.A. degree. I am seven months away from finishing my Masters degree in Teaching, Secondary Education, Language Arts.

-----(-)-> Do you learn best through books, by watching or hands-on?
My answer: I'm pretty good at all three methods, but I like getting my hands dirty, as it were.

-----(-)-> Has education been an ongoing process for you? How do you feel about that?
My answer: Whenever I haven't been in school (and stressing out over stupid shit), I've been bored out of my mind. It's a survival mechanism. I want to be a teacher so I'm always in school! I'm messed up in the head!

----(-)-> What seven people are you tagging to do this?
My answer: My little blog world is slowly growing. I will ask my mum, Lippy, the Wandering Author, Aly, and Tickersoid.

0 comments: