Sunday, April 15, 2007

Teaching in England (or anywhere European for that matter)

I have found it: The American School in England. I found a couple others (one in Barcelona!), but without fail, all of them want a minimum of 3 years teaching experience PLUS experience teaching in an international setting.

WTF? How do you GET experience if no one will take you because you don't have it? JESUS.

Plus - three years?! I'm going to be a doddering 34 by the time anyone will look at my resume.

*weeps*

Mum, any words of advice?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Doddering 34? - oh please, don't expect sympathy here!

Does it have to be in an American school? So long as it's english speaking ?

You might have to look outside Europe for a first post and then move in as I would have thought that Europe would be hugely popular, and maybe you have to do your "time" so to speak somewhere less popular like Africa first??

Andrea said...

I have some links for you but not sure which email to send to, can you just email me and confirm

Thanks

Kilroy_60 said...

Send your resume along and let's see about getting you the job you want.