Monday, April 09, 2007

laundry list

1. Imus Idiot: Why is it that (seemingly) so many ugly white men get to be radio jocks/talk show hosts? I just heard about this during the day. One of my co-workers, R, is black (and originally from New Orleans; she moved because of Katrina) and oh THAT was a fun discussion. When she told me what Imus had said on air I was like "WTF?!" You, as an ugly-ass frail little white man (emphasis on the ugly, he looks like a wanna be muppet), DO NOT go on air and refer to someone as a "nappy headed ho". You are asking to get the shit beat out of you, and deservedly so. I mean, WTF was he thinking or was he even thinking at all. "A joke gone too far"? Whatever. Dude, Sharpton and Jackson are right. It shouldn't even be a question: Imus should've been shitcanned immediately. There is just no excuse for that type of behavior. You could have called the Rutgers girls manly or something, fine, but don't go saying something beyond stupid like that.

2. I walked to the drugstore after coming home to get something for my mom. I walked past my old high school as a track meet was going on. I wanted to die. Call me crazy, but I MISS high school (probably part of the reason why I want to be a high school teacher AND track coach) and I especially miss track. I had a bird's eye view of the discus "competition". *snort* Dude, SOMEONE needs to coach those girls, because they throw like shit. Man alive, I could have walked 60 feet out and said "go ahead, you ain't gonna hit me!" They were throwing it out of side-bounds half the time! Someone needs to tell them that you need to throw from the hip NOT the arm. Where the hell do YOU think you have more power? Weeny arm or mighty hip? Hip. I SO need to coach track when I become a teacher.

3. Speaking of activity, I got up early today and went to the gym before work. I had to after eating like such crap yesterday! I felt better afterwards. Now I'm really tired. I'm going to try and go to bed early.

4. Idiot from last week: Taz in African History. And a long overdue post about an undergrad idiot that likes to hear herself talk in my African History class. Or maybe not. Jesus, I just can't even work up the energy to discuss how much of a moron she is and how she doesn't think there's still de facto segregation in Chicago. *rolls eyes*

0 comments: