Sunday, April 22, 2007

earthy

So either today or yesterday was earth day. Yay for earth! Yay for weather that is FINALLY warm. We were in the 70s both days this weekend.

Yesterday my mom and I went to Bob Chinn's Crab House in Wheeling, IL, for dinner. Mmmm!

My mom's knee is still screwed up and we don't know why. She had to lean on me to get into the restaurant (it wasn't worth bringing in the crutch to that restaurant because it's way too crowded). I just wish whatever is causing the problem would go away. Tomorrow, I have to take her to the doctor for a follow-up.

Today, I went for my first long outdoor-bike ride of the season. Cycling all those miles in the gym must have paid off. My butt (and other delicate regions), doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would have. I know I did over 20 miles. Went almost to Deerfield. Turning around and going back sucks. You're tired, thirsty (even though you keep drinking water like crazy), dirty and oh my god HOW MANY MILES is it back home?

I think I got burned, too, on my legs. My legs felt uncomfortably warm and tingly in my jeans this evening.

No matter! Must continue! Have to be able to bike that 50 mile Miller Lite Ride for the Arts in Milwaukee this June!

I totally fucked around this weekend. Didn't write two papers that I should have. Didn't apply for scholarships that I really should have. Lord.

And yes, Gonzo, I will try to whip up a resume, but it probably won't be until the semester ends in a couple weeks. Thank you so much for the interest!

In other news:

I've noticed this past week (after Monday), that my yoga instructor's (Wendy) messages/meditations during class seemed to be awfully focused on peace and understanding others. I don't think it's a stretch to think that this might be in regards to what happened at Virginia Tech. As those students go back to school tomorrow, I know I'll be thinking of them and wishing them well from afar.

I hope I can take some of Wendy's words and put them into practice by being kinder to others. I know I can bitch with the best(worst) of them, but I need to watch that.

Stuff like this does make me wonder what I could possibly face as a teacher. I hope I never have to experience something like this. I hope I have the compassion/strength/whatever to help all my students, especially those who need it most.

May we all.

0 comments: