Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's weird to be awake

It is a normal thing, every weekday, for me to moan and mutter as I start my car: "God, I'm so tired!"
 
I didn't today. Yesterday was it; I was dog tired and couldn't take it anymore. Every now and then I get in these funks where I can't sleep worth crap or I just don't go to bed at a decent hour. Yesterday, I got home a little before 6, ate some food, and then crashed in my bed by 6:30pm. I woke up a little bit around 1am, but fell back asleep until my alarm went off this (frigid) morning at just before 6am. (To WGN 720 discussing the tragedy that is Cory Lidle. Dude, that sucks. And that's about all that can be said.)
 
And now...I am awake. It's a little trippy. I am not, I stress, "chipper" - just less grumpy and very alert. Chipper is for weird ass perky blonde types with cup size A boobs (unless of course they've had the silicone). I may have had nigh on eleven hours of sleep, but I still hate people who try to blow sunshine up your ass.
 
I'll keep my sphincters to myself, thank you very much.
 
Oh, but the morning was beautiful albeit cold. The clouds were all dark and brooding, piled upon eachother in great big circular globs in the east. At the Starbucks, the sun had come up enough behind them so that it set all the edges on fire. The clouds looked like they were gilt-edged. It made me smile.
 
I ran into one of my cousin's husband at the Starbucks, too - Jim. He can be a bit of an ass and usually gets on my nerves. He kept stepping in my way - you know when two people are trying to pass and can't decide which way to go to avoid the oncoming person? When I looked up and figured out it was him, I smacked him in the chest. Then we talked for a bit. I guess my other cousin Jackie went through her divorce*. (*) because she got her first marriage annulled. Not had too much success in that department. From what little I have heard, that whole situation sounds weirder and weirder. Her ex has the daughter and she lives on her own in an apartment. Hmmm. That's not the typical situation. I think from what I heard that it was she who wanted out...but man, think of the hurt that would do to the kid to have the mother not be there. I'm not trying to downplay the significance the father plays, but the mother - come on, this is the person that gave birth to you and brought you forth to the world. To have that person removed significantly from your life is harsh...
 
*sigh* That's enough for this morning. Gots to fill out my dental forms. Going to the oral surgeon today for a preliminary visit. My wisdom teeth may have to be leaving...

0 comments: