Sunday, July 08, 2007

YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEES!

I just did a tripod headstand! Not once, but TWICE!

YESSSSSS!!!!

I feel like I can do just about anything!

This gives you a bit of an idea.

And I think I understand better from doing this how I
should get into Crow Pose.

Sweet! I went to Mary's class Saturday morning and it
was the first time I sincerely tried to get into
tripod. Well, make that the first time I felt like I
actually had a shot. It helped that I know how to do a
regular headstand now. I didn't make it then, but I
started fooling around with it today.

I started by going into widelegged forward bend. So my
forehead is down on the ground, and my hands are
placed so that there is a triangle between them and
my head (the tripod). And just like Mary was telling
me Saturday, I slowly started pushing more into my
hands...hips/butt slowly start moving back. Basically,
the more you push into your hands, the more you legs
will just float up.

IT FUCKING WORKED! *squeals*

I couldn't believe it! My legs floated right up in the
perfect position (not that I could see it, but I could
feel it). (Some teach it like that photo link does,
where you balance your knees on arms first - that
would definitely get me closer to crow pose. I'll have
to try that as well.) I huffed my breath a little bit
because I wanted to laugh because OMG I was doing it.

I came down out of the pose, crouched down, and pumped
my fists... YES!!

Now...if I could just do a backbend. Must strengthen
lower back.

0 comments: