Monday, July 30, 2007

New week, S.O.S. (same old shit)

I finally got around to watching the last episode on disc 2 for season 2 of Dr. Who. I think I just found my new favorite episode: The Girl in the Fireplace. OMG. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil you, but DAMN. That just about broke my heart in the end. And the score music went well with it. Usually score music just annoys the hell out of me; half the time the writers are trying to sell you on the "very special moment" with uber-cheesey music, when they should have spent more time developing the scene and dialogue. Oh no, this score music is on my iShuffle (yes, yes, go download Dr. Who soundtrack). My favorites are the theme for the Doctor and Madame de Pompadour.
 
I am almost finished with knitting ONE (god, I still have to do the other one!) leg warmer. Yes, bitches, you heard me right. The 80s, they are like a bad rash coming back on the ass of humanity. Pink, oh so pink, legwarmers. I'm giving them to my niece. She's in competitive cheerleading and I figure she can pull the look off. (God knows they wear those skirts which really don't cover anything and they're cold!) Her uniform is black and pink w/ silver accent, hence the pink legwarmers.
 
I knitted a lot yesterday.(Speaking of which, I think I may have a cramp in my right index finger. That, or I'm developing rheumatoid arthritis! Jesus.) I was over at my dad's for a while. Apparently my grandma is declining. She's not wanting to eat much and she sleeps all the time. I don't know. Hell, the doctors were like "you've only got a few months left" and that was like TWO YEARS ago. I won't believe it until she's not breathing. (And before I get too many condolencey type messages, please don't. I'm not exactly close to this grandma. She's a little kooky. And bigoted.)
 
Mmmm. Charlie Tuna for lunch. Who wants to smell my breath?

2 comments:

m said...

Girl is most awesome. You have reaffirmed my faith in your taste.

Wait until you see Human Nature in the third season...ye gawds.

BTW, yes there's five page preview of Buffy 6 (black and white) in the little paperback full of five page previews DH hands out at cons. I'm sure they'll have a metric fuckton of them at WWC (assuming you're going).

Tickersoid said...

Dr Who...knitting....

*Lets out a sigh whilst hanging shaking head*