Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Weird Things That I Want

Should the blessed day ever EVER again come that I will have my own abode, I look forward to cleaning out a BUNCH of my shit. I have too much crap. Moving will provide a much needed impetus to actually purge. Once I am done with this graduate school stuff and (fingers crossed, knock on wood) get a job in a school, I am going to put my corporate SRP to use and FUCKING MOVE! I would like to live in the city, but let's face it, I can't count on that. If I get a teaching job in the suburbs, it would be pretty stupid to live in the city. I'd have another hellish commute. And living AND working in the city is tricky, because that drops me right in the lovely ol' Chicago Public Schools system. Can you hear my sarcasm? Better be damn careful in that event, because a bad CPS will fuck you up.

But I really want a rocking chair. Blame my recent crochet, and new knitting, activities. Seriously, there is nothing quite like a rocking chair for it. In fact, I saw a nifty little rattan one at IKEA...oh, my precious, we wantsss it.

Chickens. Don't ask me why, but I would like to raise chickens some day. Just a few. But that requires a house and land. I blame my garden activities and my reading activities ("The $64 Dollar Tomato" and "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle".)

But you know: for anyone reading who feels pity on my impending financial crisis (can only work part-time at a real job while I student teach for NO MONEY): feel free to DONATE$$$

0 comments: