Sunday, June 24, 2007

What's Shaking

It's time for comfort-video-ing. I've got Jane
Austen's "Persuasion" in the dvd player. I love it. I
was introduced to this production (starring Ciaran
Hinds as Cpt Wentworth) during last semester's Jane
Austen class. Pair this off with Emma Thompson's
"Sense and Sensibility"? Perfect.

Drinking some Pomme Lambic of Lindemann's. Yesss.

I went the Lucky 7 Tattoo Studio in Libertyville on
Friday after work to make some preliminary inquiries
about getting a new tattoo. I've had a bull tattoo
(silhouette of the RedBull Bull) on my right upper
thigh for I don't know how long now. Sometime just
after college (2000 or thereabouts). I've been wanting
to get a new one, but hadn't come up with something
really meaningful that I wanted, until seeing the
Strength card of the Tarot of Prague deck. Check it
out: you can see it on the <a
href=http://www.tarotofprague.com/home.htm>front
page</a> of the website for the tarot deck. It would
just be the woman and the lion.

The woman, Sandy, said it would probably take about
1-1 1/2 hours to do. Looking like a $300 tattoo. The
time and the money didn't shock me, but when she told
me how large I'd need to get it to really get good
detail: 8 inches, or better yet 10, I was like
"oooooof". I like keeping my tattoo(s) under wraps. An
eight inch tattoo...that's a committment. She
recommended my upper thigh, which is fine.

Gotta think about it some more.

2 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I've always been in favour of tatoos in principal but never felt I could commit to anything. Not even now at the age of 53.

If I did get tats I'd have to design the whole body as a finished work then stick to the plan. Not add bit at a time so my inkwork grew like a shanti town.

*DB* said...

Come on, get a little wild.

You could do a full body tattoo like people do in Japan. Some of those can be beautiful, but daaaaamn.

I was giving my mom shit about tattoos tonight. I was like 'You could get JESUS on you!" (She's a big Jesus-freak.) She didn't appreciate my sarcasm.