Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Weekend of Indiscretion

I should have just spent the weekend resting and recuperating from the crazed semester. Instead, I was out for Cinco de Mayo drinking margaritas, Sols, and pina coladas. Then on Saturday I dragged myself up and managed to go on a long bike ride to Richville (aka Lake Bluff and Lake Forest), which actually made me feel a lot better. That had to be at least 20 miles round trip.

In the evening, I went to Chicago to pick up some paperwork left for me at school, Lush, then out with Kristi. Had some Thai food and watched Akeelah and the Bee. The movie was charming, although sometimes you wanted to snort at the cheesey swelling music. Afterwards had a beer at the Red Lion (surrounded by crowds of De Paul undergrads in the neighborhood), before going back to her place where I read her cards.

It's kind of freaky - in hindsight, I've been pretty damn accurate with Kristi's readings about her career, and people moving in and out of her life (according to her).

I got home around 3am. I really don't feel like I drank all that much, but after having been so tired and sick most of the semester, I can't handle a lot. I woke up feeling like shit this morning. Had to drink a lot of water.

I need to finish scrubbing down my bathroom so I can relax in the tub with the new Lushies that I bought.

0 comments: