Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Kill me, Kirk

I absolutely DESPISE coming up with a new thesis for research. Hate. Hate. Hate. I suck at it. Correction: I just suck at the type of research (quantitative) I'm being called upon to do now for my research seminar. Ye gods and tiny monsters, I am going to go stark raving mad.

Trying to come up with a thesis that you can do quantitative statistics for in the humanities is maddening.

I mean, how whacked is this:
The purpose of this inquiry is to explore how book banning impacts an educational community’s (e.g. students, faculty, parents) view of the language arts classroom as a venue for developing critical literacy skills necessary to perpetuate a democratic society.

Oh, and now since it's after class, the WHOLE thing has changed.

*weeps*

0 comments: