Monday, April 10, 2006

Shorn Sheep


This is the proverbial straw that has broken the proverbial camel's back...

I was needing a haircut, and actually looking forward to it. I set one up for last Friday, the 7th, at Mario Tricoci. I have gone to Crystal for about a year or so, even though on times she has ticked me off with her scissor happiness. Usually I have to give myself a day or two to adjust. I have never quite felt like she listened to me.

No. Not this time.  I go in and tell her that I like my length and that I just want the dead-ends cut off. She agrees that the length is good, but then points out that the top needs a little shaping. Fine, I can see that it does.

She cuts it SHORT. Extremely short. And then she plasters it with far too much product. It was so disgustingly slimey feeling that I had to run home at 6pm to shower and restyle it and then run to my 7pm meet-up with friends. I screamed when I realized what she had done.

SHE CUT BANGS INTO MY HAIR. BANGS. Where did "I'm happy with my length and just want a trim/shape" turn into BANGS?! WTF?!

My hair now does this interesting thing where it sticks UP in the top-back when I straighten it, because there's nothing to weight it down (hence her plastering my hair with product). Conversely, when I leave it curly (like today), it doesn't even want to curl like it used to because IT'S TOO SHORT!!! The bangs she cut in just flop. It takes me nearly an HOUR to try and style even though I have like 2/3 less hair, because it doesn't want to do ANYTHING. I felt like she wasn't paying attention while she was cutting it. I felt like her scissors were slipping. I was f***ing right.

It's so short I can't even tuck it behind an ear. I've been alternately in a killing rage or weeping. Yes, I know it will grow back. But in the meantime, it will be at least three months of wanting to gag when I have to look in the mirror to attempt to style it. And god only knows how it's going to grow out.

I hate the way my face looks in this cut. There's no framing to it. I'm all forehead with this goddamn cut. How the hell could she have just hacked my hair like this?! HOW?!

I just had to rip a mirror in my cube down. And I don't even use it to look at myself - it's for seeing who's coming up the aisle. I just caught a glimpse of myself in it.
I called up the salon and spoke to a manager. I'm supposed to go in on Saturday with a veteran stylist who will try to help me work with it or "blend" in the bangs. Fine. But there's no way that it can be blended, I'm telling you that straight out. It's impossible.

After this, there is no way in hell I am ever going back to Mario Tricoci for a haircut ever again. They have completely lost my trust. I already signed up for an appointment on June 2nd at my friend Mindy's salon. That's if I even have any hair to cut by that time. But at least that salon has women who actually *listen* to you and do what you want. WOMEN. WHO. LISTEN. Not uppity under 25s who think they know best. WTF - who cuts bangs nowadays anyway?!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh shit - that's terrible!
You poor thing, there is nothing worse than a dire hair cut.

BTW - I'm now stalking everyone who visits my blog with mapstats! Are you Chicago or North Chicago or are both of those you???

*DB* said...

what's mapstats? an IP tracker? they are probably both me, but not from home...?

Andrea said...

if you look at my blog and click on the mapstats badge thing in the sidebar it'll take you there, then click on the North Chicago thing and you can see if it's you - scarily detailed!!

*DB* said...

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of coming here for anonymity, eh?

Andrea said...

Means I can find out who you are? But provided that I never go anywhere you can't find out anything about me....which sort of works.

That wasn't quite the issue with anonymity on LJ anyway - it was more that my flist was based on one particular assumption that got a bit stifling and then my LJ became an incredibly repetitive flow of consciousness, yadda, yadda, yadda, you know this already