Thursday, April 13, 2006

Currently addicted to...

Anytime Neko Case puts out an album, I must have it.
Case in point: Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. That
shit just rocks, which is ironic, considering she is
heavily country-influenced (and normally I despise
country). Her "John Saw the Number" song makes me want
to sing out loud (very badly) in my car.

Pair it up with Bob Marley's "Waiting in Vain" (also
on near-constant repeat lately) and I am muy happy.

It was raining and hailing here for a while. I wonder
if the worst of the weather has gone past? We were
under a severe thunderstorm warning for a while there.
But hell, it was eighty degrees today, and that counts
as a fabulous day in my mind. Just gorgeous - finally!
I keep looking at the trees, though, wondering where
the leaves are. Maybe I'm just overly anxious and
thinking winter this year was longer, but I swear the
leaves should be out already.

Anne just bought the BMI flights from Edinburgh to
London (8 Sept) for our trip this summer. Sweet! We've
got all the supercritical stuff paid for now. Next up
are the tours for Ireland and Scotland, plus saving
money up for the lodgings we've already reserved.
Things are moving along and I'm thankful for it.

Other randomness: the word of the day is/was (it's so
late at this point) was logorrhea. A big five to
anyone who can accurately figure out the meaning. Rely
on your knowledge of Greek and Latin roots, people.
(Or as I asked a co-worker, what other words look like
this? However, do not think like she did and wind up
saying "gonorrhea". While hysterical, that was not
actually correct!)

And with that, I think I shall sign off.

0 comments: