Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Comfort

Why is it that all the hot and smart men are married
already? Oh yeah. that would be because they are hot
and smart.

There is this guy in my Tuesday class that I found
myself checking to see if he had a wedding ring on. He
doesn't, but he could have a girlfriend.

But then I remember: NO MORE DATING PEOPLE IN MY
CLASSES. Sorry. Been there and done that and don't
feel like doing it again.

Even if he does have the most gorgeous arms...

Then there's Brett. Who is married. I always thought
he was such a cutie. He's so nice, too. We were
talking about student teaching and my current freakout
about the money issue when that happens. He's like
"You can't give up at this point - you've come this
far!"

*sigh* I know. This is what I need to hear to make me
keep holding on. Thank god I have classmates and
friends like this to keep me motivated. Some days,
it's the only thing making me cling to my hope of
teaching.

It's 8:30 and I was going to go to the gym after
class, but I am exhausted. Circles under my eyes
exhausted. I ate two hot dogs and a cookie for dinner
and I will not feel sorry about it. I will go to the
gym tomorrow.

For now: sleep. Sleep in a bed with fresh clean
sheets. Comfort.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

If you keep making silly arbitrary rules about places where it's "OK" to meet guys to go out with then you won't ever go out with anyone! For goodness sake - not everyone in every class is S!!! grrrrr "shakes you really quite hard"

Glad you cut up your card though.

And you will do finish your teacher training and do the student teaching semester - you CANNOT give up now.

*DB* said...

Ah well. It's not like he's THAT great that I really want to date him anyway.

I know. I was feeling really freaked out, what with the whole mom conversation. I need to digest a little more...