Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ready, Set, WRITE

So, the junior English finals start in just over 20 minutes. I'll be in a computer lab (no internet access) for 90 minutes with about 50 kids. I hope no one tries to pull any shenanigans.
 
I think I might be more nervous than some of the kids. This is the first final I will proctor. I have a stack of stuff to hand back, too. And then, of course, I will have to grade approximately 50 essays before Monday. I think about ten of those will actually be enjoyable to read. Others I'm going to need plenty of beer to get through. I actually just read and graded a late essay assignment from one student. GOOD LORD. What rambling NONSENSE. No thesis! Kid, what's your POINT? Blah blah blibbidy BLAH.
 
I wonder if my lab room is ready. I should go walk down there and get set up.
 
Bwwwaaararraggh!

0 comments: