Friday, March 21, 2008

TGIF

I went to yoga again yesterday - twice in a week is really better than once! Although, my god, I cannot believe how much weaker my left ankle is. Trying to stand in tree pose on that side was laughable.
 
I think the flexibility is improving with the regular practice. I'd gotten stiff during the course of student teaching and completely abandoning yoga. I can sit in lotus position for longer periods now; the next part will be to hike my feet up closer towards the junction with my hips. Maybe I was just more mentally there yesterday. I was holding high lunge well for a change, and able to bend back further during it. What Wendy was saying finally clicked: really engage the leg that's back. Keep it straight and press the pinky-toe side down.
 
I was also getting a halfway decent start into doing the forearm balance. It was up against the wall - not comfortable doing it away from a prop yet!
 
Also spent a chunk of time cleaning up my room as I promised to myself yesterday. It feels so much better in there. My desk was just cluttered as hell; once that was cleaned up, it really helped. I put a bunch of student-teaching items into a box. Once I move out, I'll need to get a decent file cabinet and sort stuff away into that from my teaching. Organized my magazines into those shelf containers. (I should really read my Journals of Adolescent and Adult Literacy...oy.) I also have two sacks of clothing/bedding/stuff to take to Goodwill or SA. I might do that today...or not. It's fucking snowing now.
 
Stupid storm hit later. I thought it was supposed to have hit, or at least started, overnight. I woke up to see nothing on the ground and was all excited thinking the forecasters had completely screwed up. Nope. It's hitting NOW. Joy. I have my big freaking cowl-neck wooly sweater on today - THE FIRST FULL DAY OF SPRING.
 
Tonight or tomorrow, I think I will make lemon curd. I have all the stuff for it. Oh, Tyler Florence, your evil lemon curd is so delicious. Like sunshine in my mouth. Seriously. If sunshine had a taste, it would be this lemon curd. You can't help but be cheery eating that shit. The recipe for Lemon Curd Trifle with Fresh Berries is available at the Food Network site ( http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_22159,00.html ). In the recipe, the curd gets whipped cream folded into it. If you can't find a decent poundcake to put in the trifle, you could probably do a hack job with lady fingers or savioardi biscuits. The s-biscuits would probably disintegrate really quickly, though, so you'd want to eat that thing tout de suite. Lemon curd is great to put on scones.
 
Harumph. On to "work", I suppose. I may leave early if it gets as ugly out as they say.

0 comments: