Thursday, March 20, 2008

Politicking

So, I emailed Rahm Emanuel, a rep for Illinois. Basically, he still won't come out and openly endorse either Obama or Clinton at this point.

When I tried sending Emanuel an email from his webpage, I had to fudge it and say I was from within his district (Northeastern IL University's address works well!). The gist of what I wrote was that he needed to get OFF the fence and endorse Obama because:
 
-Obama hands down won Illinois (Emanuel should follow the will of the Illinois people)
-this increasingly long battle is only helping the Rethugs
-I detest the idea of HRC trying to steal the election via superdelegates
-I detest HRC's cynical politics and power-grubbing as usual for her own gain. I would much rather have a hopeful Barack Obama.
 
If you're in Illinois, SEND AN EMAIL TO EMANUEL TELLING HIM TO DO THE SAME AND SUPPORT OBAMA!

0 comments: