Saturday, June 17, 2006

Saturday Bits n Bobs

The one beer I drank last night + dehydration = cotton mouth this morning. All I could think about what the George Thoroughgood song "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" when I woke up and the line "you know, when your mouth be getting dry, you plenty high!" I don't like living that lyric.

What comes of spending nearly six hours out on hot asphalt? A massive sunburn. I hurt. The "yard" (more appropriately: asphalt) sale at the Lakeview YMCA was today. I brought all my shit down to Chicago and was there from 745 am to 2pm. Fucking 90 degrees at least and humid. I put on some sunblock, but not nearly enough. My shoulders are scorched, as is my chest, where the "V" from my top was. I look like a lobster. I've gone completely Irish as I've aged; I think I'm losing my Mexicantanability.

Made about $60 though - not bad. One guy came through and bought all my comics and my friend Brad's in one swoop. I sold off my issues of Y: The Last Man and Fables (amongst a few others) since I've got the trade paperbacks now.

Came back and texted my co-worker to see if she wanted to grab some food at Tacos El Norte. Margaritas! So we went there about 415. I don't think I like their guacamole - it tastes like they put sour cream in it. I love sour cream, but if I'm eating guac, I want AVOCADOS, not sour cream masquerading as cheap filler for avocados.

Ran into Dreamland People (yo, M) there. Harkins & wife, plus Greene (loooong time!) & daughter, and Spike (also long time). When the hell did Greene and Spike start hanging out again? I sat and chatted with them for a while. Niiiiice: Harkins was telling me about you all playing some game and having teamspeak. He said he started mentioning some chick being in a magazine and her nipples showing while Greene's kid was still on the teamspeak. I cracked up.

And now, post-margaritas, I am lying in bed with my sunburned shoulders making me highly uncomfortable, waiting for my other friend to call. I should nap. Yaaaaawn.

0 comments: