Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's my mom's birthday

I took her out for dinner and I got drunk. Oops.

Well, at least I'm not a sloppy drunk and I am the poster child for those "know when to say when" things insofar as they pertain to not driving a car.

So yeah, took her to Cafe Pyrenees. I was there for lunch once and it was reasonable, so I thought the same would be true for dinner. Got there and it was Tuesday 1990s night. Meaning: 90s menu AND prices. I was like GREAT! It'll be cheaper. Uhhh, not so much.

1 Chardonnay (mom, cause white gets me sick), 2 cabernets, 2 house salads (with entree), 1 fish special (mom), 1 beef tournedos (a little skimpy, but tasty), 1 decaf, 1 tea, 2 creme brulees later...$72.96. Yeah, the check came and I said "Fuuuuck." My mom was like "What?" "Nevermind."

It must have been the candle upcharge in my mom's creme brulee. Service was also torturously slow. I thought I was fine after the first wine, and I was, so I ordered another. My mom was like "Are you going to be able to drive?" I said I was fine. Two sips later, I swear, I slapped the keys over to her and said she was driving.

I can drink beers or ciders up the yin-yang, but give me 1 1/2 glasses of wine and I am screwed. My head was (and is) all floaty.

Probably the lengthiest conversation I've had with my mom in a while. My speech was a little crazy on the way home. I was talking about a friend's boyfriend being particularly annoying and at some point I used the questionable verbiage "gots". Right after I said it, I was thinking "Dude, I AM drunk."

I also told my mom maybe I'd get another tattoo overseas. Ha ha ha.

I think I'd better go to bed now. I should sleep like a rock tonight.

0 comments: