Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet!

I just called the temp agency today to see how many vacation days I'm eligible four. It's based on approved hours and I have no way of knowing exactly how many hours that is.
 
Woot! I have, to date, 1130.33 hours. I was expecting maybe three vacation days. Nope, I get FIVE. Which is still lousy compared to a real employee here, but it's better than what I was expecting! Plus, I do have holiday pay for Turkey Day and Xmas and NYD.
 
I'm looking at my calendar, and I think I will use my vacation days for the day before and day after Turkey Day (2), Xmas Eve (1), Boxing Day (that's Day After Xmas to us Yanks) (1) and NYE (1).
 
BTW: I will most likely be staying down in the city for a good chunk of time between 12/19 and 1/2 as I will be apartment sitting/pet-watching for my friend, Anne, while she is in Hawai'i (lucky bitch)! *looks at flist* JULIUS MEINL! LOVELY! YO! ICE SKATING!
 
P.S. Don't know why this popped into my head just now, but I think my next big picture undertaking should be documenting the first snowfall on the Seminary Premises if I can swing it. Yes, I really have no love for Catholocism, but the Seminary grounds are gorgeous, especially with a first snowfall. You feel like you're a million miles from nowhere, but you aren't.
 
Ok, back to filling out my job application for the community college.

0 comments: