Wednesday, February 21, 2007

If I have to go through anymore orientation or training within the next three months at work, I will choke a bitch. At least the group I was with was amusing. At some point, we were talking about clinical trials with humans and how much volunteers are paid. This one (foreign) woman had mentioned a really low figure which others didn't believe. She said "Oh, well I had paid $200 [I think for Northwestern University students] for sperm..."

I was kind of looking at the table during this conversation, but at that point, clearly without thinking, I snorted and blurted out:

"Usually, they're doing that for free!"

Just after it finished coming out of my mouth, I had an OH SHIT DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD AT WORK in front of COMPLETE STRANGERS? moment. And then the room just busted up laughing.That woman in particular, and a guy across the table from me were both "GOOD one!"

Our trainer was a little more shocked and she was like "OOOOKay, I just lost control of the class. Let's bring it back, people!"

I swear to God, I was having to try not to laugh hysterically for the next ten minutes.

Also

  • bought knitting needs (C, at some point, I will have to tell you the many things I would like to do!)
  • am fucking exhausted
  • shout out to all you Lent observing people: every time I happily eat of flesh today and every Friday until E-Day, I will think of you. thanks for "more beef for me!" (and wine and chocolate and swearing and everything else - except for sex which I am obviously not getting anyway - that you all give up)
  • am wondering if I should put off any potential short holiday break until May when it's my birthday. i know it's going to depress me this year and I might be better off getting away from it all at that time

0 comments: