Friday, March 31, 2006

Trippin'

I am really quite a plan freak when it comes to tours. I wasn't so worried about having a plan during my Christmas trip to the UK. I wasn't going to too many different places and I knew I'd be hanging out at Lippy's for a lot of it.

Not so on the August trip. A and I have a limited amount of time (could never have enough time)and a lot of places to see. This means power planning. Strangely, I excel at this. Must be from those previous trips six years ago where I packed a ridiculous number of things into small timeframes...

Besides which, it's still summer when we're going and hostels are going to be booked. I wasn't planning on doing this, but when I started looking at hostels in Dublin last night, I flipped out. In the midst of my looking at one place, the room I would have taken was booked. There were only like three properties that I was considering, and they were all filling up. I decided the hell with it and I paid the 10% on the Avalon House. I didn't want to have to worry about what craphole we'd be stuck with if we just showed up on a doorstep. I hope A doesn't mind. It didn't sound like she did when we were talking about the trip at our lunch on Thursday. (Woo - Cafe Pyranees = good!)

This probably means I should do the Edinburgh hostel ASAP as well...guh.

Prices don't look too bad so far. Much better than I thought it would be. I have all of that stuff laid out on a spreadsheet and am checking it off as we pay for the different items.

Here's the plan:

8/30 Flight out
8/31 Arrive Dublin 8:30am - check in to Avalon House Hostel. Tool around Dublin.
9/01 Take the Western Rocker Ireland Tour (8:15a). Dublin - Doolin.
9/02 Day 2 of WRIT. Doolin - Killarney.
9/03 Day 3 of WRIT. Killarney - Dublin. (ret 5:30p). Check back in to Avalon House
Hostel. Free night.
9/04 Dublin (Free day, plenty of things to do and see!)
9/05 Fly to Edinburgh, Aer Lingus EI254 @ 1:20pm, arr 2:20pm. Still need to
find hostel in Edinburgh
Free night in Edinburgh.
9/06 Skye High 3 Day Tour (8:15a).
9/07 Day 2 Skye High
9/08 Day 3 Skye High. (ret 5:30p) Fly to London Heathrow @ 8:45pm Need to
purchase flight
Free night in London.
9/09 London/Day Trip to visit Lippy (?)
9/10 London
9/11 London
9/12 Flight back home

0 comments: