Saturday, March 25, 2006

Homes

I'm going to sound corny saying this, but no matter. Ever have one of those places you travel to, and from then on, it's someplace you're always wanting to get back to? Because it feels like home, too? Sometimes even more so than the place you were born in?

That's what the UK feels like to me. I've had public television on and Manor House was on - an Edwardian period reconstruction set in England - and now Monarch of the Glen is on. All I need is to see some Ballykissangel and that'll be it. I can hardly stand it. I was feeling very morose watching Manor House.

I wish I could just go to England and stay. Maybe through teaching, but who knows? I'm starting to wonder if I'll even teach, but that's a whole other story.

In other things:

Have had a Marriott hotel room on reserve for London, but am having serious misgivings about the money. It would be much easier to save up the money for lodging if Anne and I just stayed in a youth hostel. I've got to find out if the Kensington Hostel has availability. It would cost HALF as much as Marriott. I really can't justify spending so much on a hotel room when I'd rather have the money to spend on things to do.

I'll just here and drink my Tesco's Blackcurrant Tea and ponder...

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Marriotts are a fortune - but for a weekend the Travel Inn is £69 and the Ibis at Euston I think £59 so they are worth a check as well as the hostel.

Have bastard amounts of paperwork to get through, so I'd better get on and get through it!