Monday, April 23, 2007

P&P

Pride and Prejudice has got to be the Jane Austen book with the most number of "sequels" or additions written to it by modern authors. Not all of them, obviously, are good. Shamefully, I do own a couple bad ones, but I didn't know they were bad when I bought them.

HOWEVER, a really excellent trilogy dealing with (Mister) Darcy (!) (those of you who have seen the A&E production, say it with the correct tone of voice!) was written by Pamela Aidan. She fleshes out a few characters (such as Anne DeBourgh, Colonel Fitzwilliam, and Georgiana Darcy), and adds in new ones (Darcy's man Fletcher is just hysterical and Lord Dyved Brougham is awesome).

I swear to god, though, if Colonel Fitzwilliam were a real man, I'd be all over him. MMMMMMMMMMM, good.

By the by, I absolutely REFUSE to watch that ridiculous remake of P&P starring Kiera Knightley. I'm sorry...but, NO. That is not P&P any more than Demi Moore's tarting up of the great Scarlet Letter was based on an actual book.

1 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

Hey Lady!

I have something for you...

I've been tagged! And now, so have you!! I hope you'll play along.

8-)